Title: Audition – Saucy Jack and the Space Vixens
Location: Bassendean Community Hall
The UK cult classic musical “Saucy Jack and the Space Vixens” produced by Blak Yak Theatre in collaboration with Phoenix Theatre comes to the Hamilton Hill memorial hall in November, and we are proud to announce auditions will take place on the weekend of 1st and 2nd August 2015. Call backs if necessary will be held on Saturday 8th August.
We are looking to cast 9 principal actors – 5 male and 4 female roles plus chorus. All roles are speaking, singing and dancing, with a large dose of improv. All ages are stage ages.
“Cheers meets Red Dwarf meets Rocky Horror” in this tack-tastic naughty show set in a galaxy far, far away….
As the audience settle back for an evening of cosmic cabaret, all is not well at Saucy Jack’s… The evil shadow of a serial killer looms over the bar; cabaret acts are being killed off one by one, found stabbed by the heel of a sequinned slingback shoe.
The staff at the Saucy Jack’s bar are terrified but their boss, Saucy Jack himself, doesn’t seem that bothered by the threat of murder or the tragic loss of his cabaret acts – he’s more concerned it’ll be bad for business.
We meet and hear the dreams and fears of the characters in the bar: down-trodden waitress Booby Shevalle, talented young saxophonist Sammy Sax, willing barman Mitch Maypole and eccentric regular at the bar, Dr. Willhelm von Whackoff.
There is much excitement at the explosive arrival of Chesty Prospects, a plastic smuggling outlaw: there’s an eco-war going on in this part of the galaxy and fashionable fabrics like bubble-wrap have been made illegal. Chesty charms the bar, talks business with Jack and heralds the arrival of The Space Vixens who hit the ground singing their dance anthem ‘Glitter Boots Saved My Life’.
These super fashion crime fighters from a groovier galaxy are part celebrity, part super-hero: strong, sexy, liberated…and all woman! Their mission is to fight crime and liberate the universe harnessing the Power of Disco. The audience join these sassy space cops as they arrive on Frottage III to uncover the Slingback Killer and watch as they are drawn into a cosmic underworld where their unique powers promise justice, hope and unadulterated funk!
WARNING: This show contains crude language, adult situations, drag, bad wigs, disco beams and glitter! With music set to country rock, gospel, blues and disco, it’s everything a trash- talking musical should be!
The show contains no swearing, nor is there any nudity however the show is not intended for young audiences. It is brash without being offensive… It is sexy but not lewd… It is cool and crazy but never chaotic… and it pretends to be a little more racy than it really is. However, as this show has adult humour and dark themes, all auditionees must be 18 years of age at the time of audition.
To book your auditions, please email the Director (Lorna Mackie) via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0413031509 (email preferred).
We look forward to seeing you at the auditions!
– Mitch Maypole – Male, barman. Dreams of something more, is required to strip to underwear. 20 – 30 Tenor
– Sammy Sax – Male, singing saxophone player – must be able to actually play the sax and sing; slightly geeky and dreams of a space vixen of his very own. 18 -30 Tenor
– Dr Von Wackoff – Male –psychologist, observing human behaviour in the bar. Narrates chunks of the show. 30 + Baritone
– Saucy Jack – Male – bar owner, acts as ringmaster of the cabaret, is charismatic, sleazy, strong and powerful – a very big role! 25+ Baritone
– Booby Shevalle – Drag Queen – working as an entertainer and cocktail waitress in the bar but dreams of something better. .Very strong female role, a great “transformational” piece. 20+ Tenor
– Vulva Savannah – Female, cabaret performer – doubles with Chesty and Shirley or Chorus member 30+ Alto
– Bunny Lingus – Female, space vixen, strong female role. 20+ Alto
– Jubilee Climax – Female, queen of the space vixens, strong female role. 25+ Mezzo
– Anna Labia – Female, Space vixen recruit – keen to make a good impression, strong female role. 20+ Soprano
– Shirley Tri-Star = Female, insterstellar space trucker – doubles with chesty 25+ Mezzo
– Chesty Prospects – Female, plastic smuggler – doubles with Shirley 25+ Mezzo
– various chorus members
Start Date: 2015-08-01
Start Time: 10:00
End Date: 2015-08-02
End Time: 16:00